Saturday, November 7, 2009

A note of appreciation and clarification

I just need to let my mom know how much I love and appreciate everything that she has done for us this year. I only see my parents once a year when they come down for Jackson's birthday. This July was the first time I have been able to come home to visit in 3 years. My mom came down in February for Hannah Lu's birth, and because of the extreme complications that followed, she was able to stay to help Shawn and I with the boys so that we could go to Salt Lake (3 hours away) to spent a little time with our daughter. Many of the trips to Salt Lake Shawn wasn't even able to go. He has 4 jobs, and works 7 days a week to provide for our family, and pay the medical bills that we are still getting to this day, 9 months later. Mom ended up staying for seven weeks, and was able to give us the help that know one else could have ever given us, and for that I am deeply greatful.
Most of you know that a couple of weeks ago Hannah Lu had yet another major surgery to fix her cleft pallete. Because my Parents were unable to come down for Jackson's birthday this year, and the kids and I went to visit them in Seattle instead, my Mom was able to come down and help us again with the boys so that Shawn and I could take Hannah Lu to Salt Lake for her surgery. This was the first surgery that Shawn was able to be with me, because he works so hard. Two of Hannah Lu's surgeries I have had the boys with me. These are times that I wished I lived closer to home so that I could see my family when ever I wanted. That is a luxury that I do not have. This has been a difficult and wonderful year. I do not know what we would have done with out my Mom. I have been lucky to see her three times this year, and will not see her again until next summer. Hannah Lu is 9 months old now, and this recent surgery was her fith and possibly not her last. I do not worry about any surgeries that are to come in the future. Of course I hope that she doesn't have to have any, but I don't worry because our Heavenly Father is watching over her, and she is here for a reason.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

What a wonderful mom you have. You're a strong and amazing mom yourself!