Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

The best part about this Easter weekend was general conference. What an awesome way to spend Easter day. We got up and had Shawn's yummy pancakes, and eggs, and then Hannah Lu went down for a nap around 9:30am. The boys played with their easter stuff upstairs in the living room while Shawn and I were able to watch the morning session. After the morning session was over and Shawn headed to work, I talked to the boys briefly about why we celebrate Easter. I was suprised when Jackson said "to celebrate Jesus". So I explained to them that we are celebrating the resurection of Jesus. I am greatfull that my boys are beginning to recognize the true meaning of Easter and that its not only about the easter bunny. Then I started my laundry, and folded clothes during the second session while all 3 of my kids were sleeping. I haven't been able to enjoy conference like that in years! What a blessing to be able to sit in the comfort of my own home and listen to our Prophet and leaders. I turned the t.v up loud when the choir sang and it filled my home with the spirit. Every Easter has always been nice, but this year it was extra special to me. I am greatfull for my savior and what he has done for me and that I can return to him someday, and be with him, as well as my family. To top it all off, Shawn and I cooked a Ham for dinner. It was really good!

No comments: