Friday, September 24, 2010

Our new roof!

Finally, a new roof we have desperately need for a while now. We new we couldn't go another winter without it being replaced. We have been cleaning shingles up in our backyard everytime the wind would blow, and as you can see in this picture they are curling everywhere.
Shawn helped with the tear off and the clean up. Boy am I glad he isn't a roofer! I am sure he is too! The boys were cute, of course they wanted to help. In the mean time our dryer decided to not work anymore, so I was washing and then taking my laundry to my friends house and drying! Six loads! So I got my work out too!

This was Jackson's favorite thing to do. Everyday he would come home from school and get this huge magnet on wheels and walk through the yard and collect all of the nails. Suprisingly he also picked up staples from when we had the new siding put on!

Yah! Our new roof. We matched it perfectly. Although I would have liked it to be a little darker. But a little late now. Now onto new interior, and exterior doors! Shawn says he is going to hang them himself. That is going to be an interesting process!



4 comments:

Kellie Griffin said...

Yay for the new roof. Now this winter you can stay safe and dry. hehe And I hope you get a working dryer fast, that is the worst!

Unknown said...

Your roof looks great! I agree that it would have looked even better if it were a little darker, but I think that the way it matches the walls is nice. It’s so cute that everybody pitched in and helped in taking the old roof off, putting the new one on and then cleaning up. Who knew fixing a roof could be a great way to bond?

-- Miley Waterman

Brendan Gertner said...

What a great way to teach your kids about teamwork within the family and maintaining the home that you live in. I think your roof would’ve looked better if the shingles were in a darker color, but it looks great all the same.

-- Brendan Gertner

Unknown said...

I, for one, think that the color of the roof’s shingles matches the walls quite well. I think the monochromatic pairing of the colors works really well too. How long did it take for the new roof to be put up?

~ Otis Kunkle ~