Sunday, December 7, 2008

Thanksgiving, and an early start on Christmas!

Well our tree was up before Thanksgiving this year, all because I was hosting Bunco at my house. So a week before Thanksgiving we went up onto the mountain to cut a tree down. We got it home and Shawn put it up for me, and we quickly decided that it was the ugliest tree ever!! But what do ya do! So I put all the lights on and all of our ornaments, and it actually looked ok. It started to grow on us a little. Well one day later I was putting the boys to bed and all of a sudden I heard a crash downstairs, with the sound of breaking glass. I ran down and there was the tree laying on the table in the living room. Glass everywhere! Garrett was very upset. He said a monker (monster) got the tree. I went to go wake Shawn up and he came down and helped me clean up. The tree would no longer stand, because the trunk was so damaged. I just cried. Shawn leaned the tree up against the wall and went back to bed while I stayed up another hour and completely stripped the tree down. Everything was on my kitchen table. I didn't think to take any pictures because I was to upset. But it was quite a site. The next morning my cute husband came home and he and Jackson set out to go and cut me down a new tree. They were gone for three hours! When they finally got back Jackson ran in the house and said, "Mom, Mom we got you the prettiest bestest tree in the whole wide world! They did! Shawn cut down the nicest tree we have ever had. I had everything back on the tree in five hours! Boy I was sore the next day!
Thanksgiving, we ended up having to stay home this year. But we had a good dinner as a family. Shawn cooked almost everything, due to the fact that I fell down the stairs the day before. He did a good job on the turkey, and the mashed potatoes. Everything else was good too. So thank you schoooo for the best Christmas tree, and a yummy turkey on Thanksgiving!

No comments: