Monday, April 13, 2009

INSANITY

This is what Hannah Lu thinks about the afternoon that she had. Well she had her 2 month well child check up today. It's hard to believe she is 2 months old. Anyways, I decided to changer her G tube dressing at the doctor's office because she is started to have some granulation(that is when tissue grows to try and close the hole). So I wanted the doctor to look at it. Once I got the tape and stuff off I cleaned under and around the button. For some reason the button was really loose, so I pulled up on it a little bit and it seemed secure. Then the pediatrician came in and I mentioned it to him so he pulled up on it and said that he could feel the balloon still there. I explained to him that I carry an emergency gastrostomy kit with me incase the button where to come out. So I was getting ready to tape it back up, and he was looking in her ears and she began to cry, and out popped the button from her belly! All I could do was stare, and the doctor looked at me and said "you better get your emergency kit". So I got it and ripped it open, and the most important thing the catheter wasn't in there! You have to put a catheter into the hole within 20 minutes or the muscle in the stomach starts to close. So the doctor checked the balloon on the button and it had a hole in it. I told him to put the button back into the hole, and we taped it down, I threw her into the car seat ran home got the new button and went back. The doctor replaced it and all is well. I honestly thought that was never going to happen. Well think again Carrie, now I have to order another button just incase!
now this is what she thinks

No comments: