Saturday, December 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Garrett, 3 years old

Well, incase you haven't noticed yet, not only is the building on fire, but the fire truck itself has sunk into the cake. We went to pick Garrett's cake up this afternoon, and I had it sitting in the cart. I ran into my friend and we were talking, and I felt the cart shake, and when I turned around there was Garrett, in the cart and sitting on his cake. I grabbed him and said "Oh No"! And he through himself on the floor at the store. Obviously he didn't understand the ramifications if he sat on his cake. He is three, he just wanted a place to sit. Everyone kept telling me to take it back to the bakery to have it fixed. I wanted to keep it so that it would be something that we would remember forever. It didn't bother Garrett after about 20 seconds, so it didn't bother me. It was actually pretty funny. I tried to set the fire truck up better because it was inbeded all the way into the cake, but the hole was already to big and it just sunk back down. I pulled the fire fighters back up because all you could see was their heads, and well the building scene is a little lopsided. Garrett would be the one to do this though. We are so greatfull to have him, he puts a smile on our faces everyday. We love you Garrett!
ready to rip into his presents

lots of neat stuff, from everyone. Thank you!


1 comment:

Kathy said...

I love the cake. It looks like the scene of a real-life disaster. What more could a boy ask for?