Thursday, March 19, 2009

Discouraging Trip

Well she was sleeping peacefully until I picked her up. This was kind of a discouraging trip. She is back on oxygen (very little) but we don't want her on it at all. She also is not taking her bottle like they want her to, she isn't swallowing good. So they are going to do another broncialoscopy so see if possibly there is something still blocking her airway. If there is not anything, which of course we are hoping, then they will decide if they will do a G tube (a tube surgically placed in her belly) so she can eat. She would come home with it, and then we would still work with using the bottle as well. But what I found out today was that I would have to clean the site where her feeding tube would be. Not to mention the two other wounds that I would have to clean as well, because the cut they made under her jaw to cut the bone to begin with opened up and they have been treating it. For some reason they feel they don't need to put a butterfly or steri strip on it so it looks horrible. Then when Shawn and I got there yesterday we saw that her cheek had split where one of the screws is going into her bone on her left side. So now they are tending to that too! So pretty much I am beginning to think that we may never make it home. It has been one thing after the other the last two days. Tuesday afternoon the E.N.T changed the distracters on her cheeks to just bars. We were under the impression that they would be smaller. But no... they are just the same size! There is no way I can pull things over her head. So now I have to buy more clothes, some that will either zip up or snap. I not complaining about buying more clothes, that is the fun part! But I am bumbed. It may very well be another three weeks before we are home. If that is the case she will be in the hospital almost as long as Jackson, and he was 3 months premature! One good thing, she weighs 9lbs. 7oz.!
peeking at my nani (Shawn's mom) she is taking my picture

when she gets hungry she gets mad, what you can't see is the nurse scurring around and getting her milk ready


Mommy's favorite girl!



2 comments:

Annalee said...

Carrie, I'm so sorry to hear about your discouraging trip! This has got to be just killing you, Shawn and the boys! How are you all holding up? Can I do anything for you?

Cameron and Amy said...

Oh man. I'm so sorry. That has got to be hard. Plus you're driving all the time. Let me know if I can take Jackson or bring you anything or whatever! She is a little fighter, that one. I'm so glad she's here for you. Now if you could just get her home!!