Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Hours before surgery

Hannah Lu ten days old. I took this picture about an hour before her surgery, since she didn't have anything on her face. The doctors took out her breathing tube two days before to see if she could manage on her own. She did ok, but struggled. It was hard work for her, since her little chin is so far back it obstructs her airway. When they finally came and got her they were an hour late! We walked down to the O.R. and we went to the waiting room. Her surgery didn't get started for another two hours. By the time all was said and done we had been at the hospital for seven hours. What a long day. I didn't take any pictures after the surgery. She looked horrible. We are going back out this Thursday, I am excited to see her. They started adjusting her jaw this past Monday and have been moving it twice a day! She is going to look different. The doctors are anticipating that we should be able to go home in 3 weeks! I will have more pictures from my upcoming visit soon! We love everyone, and are greatfull for the prayers that are being said on Hannah Lu's behalf. She is truely being blessed. We are as well!
peacefully waiting for the surgical team to come and get her

2 comments:

Cameron and Amy said...

What a cute, sweet baby! Glad all went well. I've been thinking about you. As soon as I get more calling card minutes, I'll call you! Love you!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing the cute pics! She looks peaceful and calm. I'm glad you get to see her again this week! You're in our thoughts and prayers!