Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My first bottle!

This was her first bottle feeding. It is going to be interesting, because with her cleft it is going to take her a little longer for her to learn to suck, swallow, and breathe at the same time. But it was fun to watch her discover that hey, this stuff is good! Otherwise she is doing really well. They are weening her off of the oxygen, and hopefully she will do well enough with the bottle that we won't have to go home with a feeding tube in her nose. It looks like they will be finished adjusting her little jaw by wednesday, or thursday. Then they will take the hardware out of her cheeks. So I am hoping we are home in two weeks.
this is her special bottle nipple for her cleft pallet

Uhhh... hello put that back in my mouth please!


3 comments:

Cameron and Amy said...

Okay, in that last picture she looks like you a LOT!! Yay for her eating!! Owen was such a slob for a while when he ate. He would always be sopping wet after and he didn't have a cleft pallate. Go Hannah!! She's doing great.

Angela, Grady and Boys said...

Carrie!
First of all congratulations! She is a beautiful little girl! I had no idea any of this was happening! We've been out of town for a few weeks and so I feel out of it. I really hope that things are going well and that little Hannah will be able to go home soon! If you ever need anything, please let me know! Take care and we will be praying for you!

Annalee said...

I can't believe how much better she looks in just a week! That is so exciting that she may be home by the end of the month! I can not wait till she comes home. I want to hold that adorable little girl!!!!