Saturday, March 28, 2009

HOME BOUND!!!

This last Wednesday I went out to Salt Lake by myself, and this is what I arrived to. She is so bright eyed and alert! She is doing really well, and off oxygen.....again. It looks like it will stay that way too. She went into surgery Wednesday night to have her G tube placed in her belly. She did really well. They started to feed her again Thursday night, and she is tolerating her feeds. Which is also good. This whole tube thing is going to be very interesting, I took a two hour class at the hospital on Friday. It was actually kind of fun and we learned hands on, on how to tend to the tube and all the dressing etc. All I have to say is that I hope it never comes out until it is actually supposed to. As long as she continues to tolerate her feedings, they are saying we should be able to go home next Thursday! We are very excited for her to join us!
one hour after surgery, she is a little druged up as you can tell

sleeping peacefully two days after her second surgery


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah for Hannah! I'm glad to hear she is doing well. I talked with your mom for a few minutes after you left on Wednesday. I'm glad things are looking better for you! That's great you went to a class on the G-tube. I would be nervous too but learning more always helps! I hope this week goes well!

sharon said...

carrie,shawn and darling children!
Marie told me today about your blog. I love it! What a blessing to have Hannah Lu home. What a miracle baby. We are so excited to see all of you again. Know that you all are in our prayers and I put Hannah's name in the Temple every week when we attend.

We love you all
Sharon and Judd