Saturday, March 7, 2009

Progress Report

This is only the second time I have been able to hold her. I was able to hold her for over an hour and it was weird because she was getting heavy. Despite the hardware in her little cheeks, she is our heaviest baby. She is doing really well. The took out the breathing tube this last Thursday because her chin has come forward enough that she can breath on her own now. They also took out her pick-line(an i.v. that can last up to two weeks). All her medication will be given oraly, which is really good. She is still being fed through a feeding tube in her nose, but hopefully they will try and start bottle feeding soon. We are not sure when the gadgets will come off, but they are moving her jaw twice a day so maybe sometime next week. The enitial time line was 7-10 days. Then we should be getting ready to come home!
my auntie April flew all the way from Seattle just to hold me

checking things out


2 comments:

Annalee said...

Carrie, she is beautiful! I'm so glad you emailed me about the new updates to your blog. It is amazing to see how well Hannah is doing. I can't wait til she gets to come home!!!!

Unknown said...

Looks like she's doing well! She looks like she's handling everything so well too! Thanks for keeping us posted!